The clustering impacts performances because:
- Gathering, transmitting and applying the synchronization data takes time,
- Waiting for all computers to finish their rendering, so the cluster is necessarily as slow as its slowest computer.
Here are tips to improve performances:
- If your application is executed from a network drive, make sure to deactivate Unity's logs (Player Settings > User Player Log) because writing logs from across the network is slow.
- Synchonize the minimum number of nodes.
- If the master has a different refresh rate than the rest of the cluster, use the Disable VSync on Master option.