It is a pleasure to announce the new release of MiddleVR for Unity!
MiddleVR now supports a completely Free edition. More information here:
This edition is ideal for students and VR geeks, who can create applications on affordable VR systems and possibly deploy them on high-end VR systems.
– support for the Oculus Rift, Leap Motion and TrackIR,
– 64-bit player to allow rendering of massive 3D environments or CAD data,
– optimizations for OpenGL Quad-buffer rendering,
– support for new head-mounted displays: Vuzix Wrap 1200VR, Sensics zSight-60, …)
– improved cluster management, including multiple viewports for cluster nodes.
You can check the full changelog here.
Version 1.2 already included important improvements:
– unified management of applications created by MiddleVR with the “Simulations” tab in the MiddleVR configuration tool,
– predefined configurations for numerous VR systems,
– new ways of simplifying the calibration of a VR system,
– reduced academic “editor” pricings which allow for free publishing (except clustering).
IMPORTANT: Make sure to uninstall previous MiddleVR versions and update the Unity package in your applications. Applications made with MiddleVR 1.2 are not compatible with MiddleVR 14, but you just have to re-export it after updating the unity package.
This new version will require a new license, offered for free to clients with a valid maintenance contract.
This contract also allows you to have access to our dedicated support service and to updates of MiddleVR.
Contact us now to get your new licenses!
Future versions will include the following features:
– multi-GPU optimizations,
– more high-level interactions (navigation, selection and manipulation techniques , immersive menus in HTML5),
– support for haptics devices from HAPTION. See a preview here:
Don’t hesitate to tell us what you would like to see next!
We have deployed a forum so that you can exchange ideas and components:
We would of course like to thank you all for your support, comments, critics and encouragements. Wherever you are on the planet, the whole team thanks you deeply and wish you a great day !!!